[vtkusers] wxPython and VTK

david ignacio deignacio at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 20:03:52 EDT 2004

Hi,
I know that this was a hot topic back in 2001.  I have been searching
the forums and mailing lists for some concrete, working help, but have
yet to find anything.
My goal is to create a GUI for a a VTK application that I have
written.  It is currently in wxPython since the VTK app is in Python
too.
Using the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor and other classes, I have two
frames, a gui and a wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor in a frame.  The
problem is that the wxVTKRWI frame has a big grey box in front of
everything.  I have no idea why this is happening.
Even running the demo/sample applications (just a simple cone)
included with the libraries do not work.  I get the same mysterious
grey box.  The interaction events are captured fine, you can actually
see around the border things moving, as well as print statements
letting me know things are going on.
Has anyone else run into this?  I am running RHEL on 4way Xeons if
that is of any concern even though I doubt it.

Thank you in advance,
David Ignacio