[vtkusers] expected behavior of ResetCameraClippingRange()

Matt Schmiermund matt at plasticflow.com
Thu Jun 24 12:37:52 EDT 2004

I am having a problem with
ctkRenderer::ResetCameraClippingRange().

My code is:

float *bounds = gridActor->GetBounds();
ren1->ResetCamera();
ren1->ResetCameraClippingRange( bounds );

I would expect that this would make sure all of
gridActor fit within the vtk window.

It works great when viewing the small end of a
rectangular object, but if it is set to view one of
the long sides or in an isometric view the ends are
out of the window. Parallel projection mode is turned
on.

I am using vtk 4.2 , windows xp , vtkQtRenderWindow
(but we are having the same problem with the standard
vtkRenderWindow).

If anyone knows what I might be doing wrong here I
would appreciate the help.

-Matt