[vtkusers] Getting an image from polydata

Andrew Usher A.C.J.Usher at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 07:36:58 EDT 2004

Hi,

I just wondered if anybody knows of a way to generate an image (eg jpeg)
from some polydata. I actually want to capture an actor as an image that
can be later texture mapped on to other objects.

The data is planar following a projection from a sphere, and also, the
scalar data I use is associated with cells rather than points. I tried to
use vtkProbeFilter with a high resolution plane to do the job but with no
success (I used a vtkCellDataToPointData as a precursor to to the probe
too). I've searched the list but couldn't find anything that fitted my
case.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew