[vtkusers] error python wrapped vtk

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 24 04:05:47 EDT 2004

Hi,
Do not use vtk Win32 pre-compiled binaries. It is compiled and linked with Python 2.1. When you import vtkCommonPython, Python loads vtkCommonPython.dll which looks for Python21.dll which is not on your system, so it fails.
Download vtk 4.4 and compile it or donwload binaries from here :
http://mayavi.sourceforge.net/dwnld/vtk/win32/
or here (more recent)
http://nitace.bsd.uchicago.edu:8080/files/share/VTK-4.4.2.win32.exe

"Vines, John (Civ,ARL/CISD)" <jvines at arl.army.mil> wrote:
I've downloaded the vtk Win32 pre-compiled binaries, installed them and all exited without issue. I am using python 2.3 and when I try "import vtk" form a command line session I get "ImportError: No module named vtkCommonPython" error.
It was my impression that all the environment variables were set on install, am I missing something?

Thank you,
John

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail