[vtkusers] VTK using deprecated features?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jun 23 22:15:33 EDT 2004

Paul Tait wrote:
> You can turn on ANSI streams as a CMake option

VTK always uses ansi streams with GCC except for strstream.  The problem
is that VTK still works with compilers that have strstream but not its
ansi replacement stringstream.  VTK should be using -Wno-deprecated to
disable these warnings for GCC until a compatibility layer is added.  If
it doesn't add this automatically, you can add it to your
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS to disable the warnings.

-Brad