[vtkusers] Re: Applying boundary conditions to specific faces ofelements

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Jun 23 17:46:39 EDT 2004

Hi Nikhil,

You probably need to write a class similar to vtkGeometryFilter that
extracts all the 3d cell faces, not just the boundary faces (of the
dataset). The result will be to decompose tetrahedrons to 4 triangles and
hexahedrons to 6 quads. Or create your dataset in such a way that all faces
are dataset boundary faces (i.e. a face is not shared by another cell)

hth

Goodwin

"nikhil butala" <nvbutala at yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear VTK users,

               This problem was posted on the group before but no response
from anyone.

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/1999-November/052114.html

I am interested in displaying boundary conditions, such as pressure, only on
specific faces of specific elements. For this purpose, I need to create a
group of element faces using  vtk file format.
      I am working with unstrutured grids.I know how to form groups of
elements by using vtkThreshold.  I would like to extend this to faces now.
Any idea how to do this??

Thanks and Regards,
Nikhil Butala