[vtkusers] Help compiling on Mac PPC with OS X

John Norris jnorris at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 22 22:12:15 EDT 2004

Hi,

I had set up for a verbose compile, so I could see that -lGL and -lGLU were
already included when trying to link.

I found the solution though, when I remembered the nm command.  A little
poking around revealed that these symbols were defined in
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXplugin.a .  I changed

OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY: -framework OpenGL

OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY: -lXplugin;-framework OpenGL

and everything linked just fine.  I even turned VTK_USE_CARBON back on.  I
haven't tried to run anything yet, though.  :^/

Has no one else had to link in libXplugin.a to compile with X included?

John

--
John Norris
Research Programmer