[vtkusers] Multi-Input and Math on Data

Stewart Dickson dicksonsp at ornl.gov
Tue Jun 22 17:26:16 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am looking at a dataset which is as follows:

H360dD1373.hdf (Density[480][480][480])
and H360dP1373.hdf (Pressure[480][480][480]), HDF Version 4.1 files.
They are 480x480x480 scalar data fields.

I wish to visualize a 480x480x480 scalar data field:
entropy = pressure / density ^ 1.33333

I have the vtkNetCDFHDFReader library which is distributed with ASPECT
<http://www.aspect-sdm.org>  Therefore, I can read the data files into Vtk.

Is there a library in Vtk to allow one to do exponentiation and division
on the output of two vtkNetCDFHDFReaders?

Thank you,

-Stewart Dickson, Visualization Researcher
Computer Science and Mathematics Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~dickson

The following are the results of ncdump -h:

netcdf H360dD1373 {
dimensions:
         fakeDim0 = 480 ;
         fakeDim1 = 480 ;
         fakeDim2 = 480 ;

variables:
         float fakeDim0(fakeDim0) ;
         float fakeDim1(fakeDim1) ;
         float fakeDim2(fakeDim2) ;
         float Data-Set-2(fakeDim0, fakeDim1, fakeDim2) ;
                 Data-Set-2:long_name = "Density" ;
}

netcdf H360dP1373 {
dimensions:
         fakeDim0 = 480 ;
         fakeDim1 = 480 ;
         fakeDim2 = 480 ;

variables:
         float fakeDim0(fakeDim0) ;
         float fakeDim1(fakeDim1) ;
         float fakeDim2(fakeDim2) ;
         float Data-Set-2(fakeDim0, fakeDim1, fakeDim2) ;
                 Data-Set-2:long_name = "Pressure" ;
}