[vtkusers] VTK with Mingw/GCC and Dev-Cpp IDE

Vincent Nicolas vincent.nicolas at tele.ucl.ac.be
Sun Jun 20 14:06:35 EDT 2004

Hi Matt,

I'm using VTK with Dev-C++ ... but I haven't compiled VTK with Dev-C++, mainly due to te lack of support to generate correct Makefile for gcc (not cygwin) on Windows.

I've compiled VTK with the mingw32 compiler on linux (cross-compiler), it could also be done with the mingw32 compiler on Cygwin (not the cygwin compiler), but I've never done it.

In fact, you should compile it in shared library mode, and have .dll output libraries. They could be use with Dev-Cpp.

If you want, I could make an archive with my current compiled version (earlier than 4.2, nightly of september 2003, but I will compile a new nighlty soon) and put it on a website. Python, Tcl and Java support are not compiled !

Say me if you are interested.

Vincent NICOLAS
Communications and Remote Sensing Lab.
Universite catholique de Louvain