[vtkusers] Re: Example of the use of vtkProgrammableGlyphFilter

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Thu Jun 17 17:06:08 EDT 2004

Have you looked at:

/Graphics/Testing/Tcl/progGlyphs.tcl
/Graphics/Testing/Tcl/progGlyphsBySource.tcl

"Nick Arini" <nick.arini at amersham.com> wrote in message
news:OFF501534D.8712673B-ON80256EB6.0049A380 at se.apbiotech.com...

Dear VTK users,

does anyone have an example of the use of vtkProgrammableGlyphFilter?

I have unstructured data of the form:

x-coord, y-coord, z-coord, attribute1, attribute2,...

I want to place a glyph (for example a sphere) at the point in 3D space
defined by the coordinates and dictate the size and colour of the sphere
with the attribute data. I could not find any example of the use of this
class in /Examples, the docs or in the mailing list archive.

Many thanks,

Nick