[vtkusers] VTK Performance and SMP

Cameron N. Perry cnperry at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 15 19:29:11 EDT 2004

My programming skills are nowhere good enough to understand what it is
I'm looking at on the manual pages; we have to hire somebody to do our
VTK programming. I can see that there is at least *some* parallel
functionality, but what does this all mean (i.e. vtkParallelFactory,
etc)? How much does this contribute to visualization applications as a
whole?

The reply below still does not answer the other questions (see below).
Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks!
Cameron