[vtkusers] Mac offscreen drawing

Paul Schmiedge schmpaul at uregina.ca
Mon Jun 14 11:47:41 EDT 2004

Greetings,

I've been scouring the archives for this list, but I can't seem to find
a way to accomplish my goal - Does anyone know how to accomplish
batch-oriented offscreen rendering on OSX (10.3)?  I'm not using
Objective C, so Cocoa is not an option, but I am willing to use Carbon
or Apple's X11 if I have to.  I've experimented with both so far, but
the call to vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow::SetOffScreenRendering() results in
an error for X11 (bad memory access), and there seems to be no effect
when the same call is made on any other window type.  I've also studied
the Tcl example for Mangled Mesa, but I'm not sure if that's an option
for OSX, or how I would go about setting it up on this platform.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Paul S.