[vtkusers] problems with procedure entry point in vtkCommon.dll

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Sat Jun 12 10:39:41 EDT 2004

Hi,
This is commonly due to a bad vtkCommon.dll version.
Make sure that the dll you compiled is the one loaded by your exe.
Use dependency walker to check which dll is loaded by your exe ("View full paths" option).
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Pallavi Joshi <pallavi.joshi at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
Hi,
I am new to vtk. I was able to build vtk using VC++. But my problem is I get this error when I try to execute my code : "procedure entry point could not be located in the vtkCommon.dll". I am using vtkMarchingcubes  and have accordingly included my vtkPatented.dll, vtkPatended.lib files and was able to link them successfully. Also the header file has been included. Does anybody have any idea why this does give such an error ?
Please help me !!!!
This is my code:

vtkImageReader *v16 = vtkImageReader::New();
    v16->SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian();
    v16->SetDataExtent(0,511,0,511,0,88);
    v16->SetDataSpacing(0.5859375,0.5859375,2);
    v16->SetHeaderSize(0);
    v16->SetFileDimensionality(3);
    v16->SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedShort();
    v16->SetFileName("cerebellum6740.msk");
   v16->Update();

  vtkMarchingCubes *iso = vtkMarchingCubes::New();
    iso->SetInput( v16->GetOutput() );
  iso->SetValue(0,128);
  iso->ComputeGradientsOn();
  iso->ComputeScalarsOff();

  vtkPolyDataWriter *volwriter1 = vtkPolyDataWriter::New();
   volwriter1->SetInput( iso->GetOutput() );
  volwriter1->SetFileName("braintstem6740.vtk");
  volwriter1->Write();

  volwriter1->Delete();
  iso->Delete();
  v16->Delete();