[vtkusers] how to get the normal to a cell?

Petru Pau ppau at risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Fri Jun 11 09:59:41 EDT 2004

Thank you, Shyam, thank you Goodwin: indeed, it works!

Goodwin, in vtkVectorDot's help, there is this phrase:

vtkVectorDot is a filter to generate scalar values from a dataset.
The scalar value at a point is created by computing the dot product
between the normal and vector at that point.

What is this vector mentioned here?

In fact, what I needed was more related to normals on faces (therefore,
cells)
than to normals at points. I wonder if vtkVectorDot may help in this
case too...

Anyway, thanks a lot. I'm going to experiment.

Petru