[vtkusers] 3D Contour plot

david michell davidmichell at rediffmail.com
Wed Jun 9 07:30:11 EDT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hello Everyone,
I have a point cloud and a scalar array.
I want to create a 3D contour plot of the point plot , with the contour values taken from the scalar array.

I tried constructing a surface plot and then contouring the surface using vtkMarchingCubes, but the vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter looses the scalar array, i mean it does not retain the values that i put inside.

I have vtkpolydata and fill it up with the points  and attach a scalar to it. Then i pass the vtkploydata to the vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter. Then the output from the vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter goes to vtkMarchingCubes.

Is this the correct way to get a 3D contour from a point cloud.

Please tell me the correct way.
I would be much grateful for the help.
Thanks
David Michell