[vtkusers] About vtkFlRedenderWindowInteractor...

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Tue Jun 8 07:36:13 EDT 2004

alletto at dei.unipd.it wrote:
>    I have tried to use vtkFlRedenderWindowInteractor moving
> vtkFlRedenderWindowInteractor.h and vtkFlRedenderWindowInteractor.cxx
> into ...vtk\inbclude DIR.
> I have also compiled the example cone3.cxx but...
>
> Compiling...
> OK
> Linking... 3 errors!!
>
> Cone3.obj: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:void_thiscall
> vtkFlRedenderWindowInteractor::setRenderWindow (class vtkRenderWindow *)"
>
> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:_thiscall
> vtkFlRedenderWindowInteractor::vtkFlRedenderWindowInteractor(int, int ,int, int
> char const *)

My crystal ball says: "Alletto has forgotten to actually compile
vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor.cxx to object code (.obj) and link it with
his project." :)

Simply including the header file is not enough.  You must modify your
Visual C++ 6.0 project so that the .cxx is compiled to .obj and linked
with the rest of your project.

I will soon also release a vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor with a
CMakeLists.txt for the cone3.cxx example, as this is the best way to
build VTK projects.

Good luck,
Charl