[vtkusers] Text overlay problem.

Mathieu Coursolle mcoursolle at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 7 16:35:15 EDT 2004

Hi,
I wish to display some text as overlay on my window to show
information about the volume it displays.
I can do it fine, except that some characters looks corrupted
each time the renderer renders. It is always different characters
and I've try a few ways to display the text and I always have the
same problem. Any idea on how to correct that? I am using a
ATI 9600 Radeon (128 mb) card if it might be the problem. (VTK 4.2.2)

Here is how I add the text, Is it alright? I did exactly the same way
as VTK user guide 4.2,

m_Text = vtkTextMapper::New();

m_Text->SetFontSize(14);

m_Text->SetFontFamilyToArial();

m_Text->SetVerticalJustificationToBottom();

m_Text->SetJustificationToLeft();

m_Text->BoldOn();

m_Text->ItalicOn();

m_Text->ShadowOn();

m_TextActor = vtkScaledTextActor::New();

m_TextActor->SetMapper(m_Text);

m_TextActor->SetDisplayPosition(10, 10);

m_TextActor->GetProperty()->SetColor(0, 1, 0);

m_renderer->AddActor2D(m_TextActor);

Thank you!

----

Mathieu