[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor & vtkTkRenderWidget -help needed

varshini varshini vvarshini at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 1 14:38:05 EDT 2004

Hai all,

I am displaying a 3D image (using tcl in windows 2000) and wanted to add
vtkBoxWidget for it. When I added the following lines:

vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
iren SetRenderWindow renWin3D

I get errors saying that  " object named:iren couldn't find requested
method:ExposeEvent or the method was called with incorrect arguments".

I am adding the renderer in a rendererwindow, which in turn is displayed
using vtkTkRenderWidget.
If the interactor is used in the rendererwindow without TKRenderWidget it
works fine, but when vtkTkRenderWidget is added it gives the above errors.

Is there something that I am missing to include while using the
TKRenderWidget or is it is something else causing me this problem?Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

varshini