[vtkusers] hardware specific?

david michell davidmichell at rediffmail.com
Tue Jun 1 11:30:05 EDT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi Everyone,
Iam working an app using VTK and QT.
Iam using VC 7.1 .Net Enabled.

I have two systems with different graphics cards.
One has got Rage XL PCI Family
The other one has got Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller.

When I run the app on these machines , the output I get is different.

The one with Rage shows surface plots as real surfaces, whereas the Intel one shows surfaces plots as a bit foggy.

Ima also drawing grids using OpenGL lines, so the Intel one shows these grids, whereas the Rage one does not shows these lines.

Also the sytem with the Intel graphics card runs on XP, wherease the one with the Rage card runs on Windows Server 2003.

Can someone tell me what the problem could be and what the best graphics cards that is available to get the best performance from VTK.

Thank you,
David Michell