[vtkusers] Wiki

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Jul 30 10:50:12 EDT 2004

    JR> I assume that the function/operation of the mailing list in
    JR> itself will alter now. It surely should be connected to the
    JR> Wiki such that it notifies members (daily) on additions to the
    JR> Wiki. The logic being that all questions/comments and
    JR> solutions/contributions will be organised in the Wiki itself
    JR> and therefore the history of a query, existing solutions
    JR> etc. can be accessed in a coherent database.

IMHO, nothing will change with the way the list works.  The wiki is up
and its up to users to start filling in content and create the
"coherent database".  Essentially, the ball is in the users court.  If
there is enough information in the wiki newbies will be simply pointed
to links in the wiki, much like links to the FAQ.

cheers,
prabhu