[vtkusers] Is there a validator for VTK file formats?

W.T. Bridgman William.T.Bridgman.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 27 14:52:16 EDT 2004

Hello,

I've got a simulation model generated in IDL and want to write a VTK
unstructured grid as the output file for manipulation with VTK and
MayaVi.  The model is generated in a different parameter space which I
must map into a 3-D Cartesian space.

I'm trying to load the file into MayaVi and it immediately segfaults.
The MayaVi debug mode shows the failure in find_data_type() immediately
after VtkDataReader::create_reader().

I suspect there is an error in my unstructured grid writer, most likely
some mismatch in my linkage of points & cells.

Is there any validation codes that could read this file and give me a
better hint of where the reader is having problems?

Thanks,
Tom
**** NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS AS THE WYETH ADDRESS WILL GO AWAY SOON ****
Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman               Scientific Visualization
Studio
Global Science & Technology, Inc.          NASA/Goddard Space Flight
Center
Email: William.T.Bridgman.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov  Code 935
Phone: 301-286-1346                        Greenbelt, MD 20771
FAX:   TBD                                 http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/