EXTERNAL: Re: [vtkusers] LS-Dyna

Karl G. Merkley karl at elemtech.com
Thu Jul 15 16:38:18 EDT 2004

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Rupert Shute wrote:
>
>> Mathieu,
>> We would like to have some form of solution towards the end of Aug. Our
>> analysts are finding it impossible to use LS-Post on the large
>> datasets they
>> are generating, so there is some sense of urgency to find a viable
>> alternative. However, until I get stuck into it I'm not sure whether
>> this is
>> a realistic timeline.
>

> What is the typical size of your data ? Element type (tet, hex...) ?
> Order: Linear/quadratic... ?

I've been working on writing an LS-Dyna input deck from our meshing
code.  As far as I can tell from the documents, they only support a
limited set of solid element types (Tet with 4 nodes and Tet with 10
nodes (so both linear and quadratic), Hex with 8 nodes (linear only),
and a Wedge with 6 nodes (i.e. extrude a triangle, linear only).

    Karl