[vtkusers] Picking Point Problem

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at polymtl.ca
Fri Jul 9 06:07:18 EDT 2004

Hello Mathieu,

      thanks for the suggestion, but that does not help me a lot... I
approached VTK from Python, I don't know almost anything about the C/C++ base
of VTK/Python. So, I got the file you suggest, but what I have to do? Delete
the old one? Recompile all the VTK source? Download the VTK 4.4? It is not very
clear for me...
      Also, I tried to compile the VTK 4.4 source but, considering that:

1) I'm on a Win2000 machine
2) I do not have administrator rights
3) Changing the PATH variable on a Win2000 without administrator rights is not
so easy

I experienced that trying to compile VTK 4.4 with CMAKE is something like a
nightmare. I get errors on the fact that compilers like cl.exe or bcc32.exe are
not able to compile a simple script (!!!!!!!!!). I'm not able to proceed
anymore, probably it is my fault, I should learn more about the VTK bases...

So, another question is:

1) the vtkpython interfaces for VTK are still ok for VTK 4.4? (Sorry for the
stupid question);
2) Is there anyone that has the VTK 4.4 dlls for Win2000, in order to avoid my
death on trying to compile VTK on my stupid PC?

Thank you a lot for every suggestion...

Andrea.