[vtkusers] Volume Rendering help

Sean McInerney seanm at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 9 01:06:28 EDT 2004

Hi Sentil,

   First off, know that you will never see your Volume 'vol' rendered
unless you add it to your Renderer 'ren' ;-)

(i.e. ren->AddProp(vol);)

   Next, if you will be simultaneously displaying the isosurface of the
cylinder data ('act'), you will need to call
IntermixIntersectingGeometryOn from your VolumeRayCastMapper 'rmap'.

(i.e. rmap->IntermixIntersectingGeometryOn();)

   You may still have to adjust your color and opacity transfer
functions to achieve your expected results. Check out the
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper Examples and Tests for guidance.

-Sean