[vtkusers] Flagging empty data cells

Jim Canon jcanon at yaw.org
Thu Jan 29 08:33:50 EST 2004

Good morning VTK users!

I am currently in the process of converting some CFD data to VTK
unstructured grid data. Within my data I have certain cells that contain
no data. For example, the data might be that of a heat exchanger. Within
this exchanger there might be small tubes that contain no data. How can
I flag these cells in the unstructured grid as non-data cells? I still
need the cells drawn, but only drawn semi-transparently signifying that
they do not contain data. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jim

--
Jim Canon
Associate Engineering Research Scientist