[vtkusers] VTK + ShearWarp Algorithm (new binding to vtk 4.2.5)

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 09:43:56 EST 2004

> I'm also planning to contribute the ShellSplatter interactive
> splatting-based volume renderer to VTK soon:
> http://visualisation.tudelft.nl/publications/botha2003/

Excellent. I had a look at that a few months ago when you posted about it
and I was wondering...
Can you do a MipSplat? (I mean can one do it, rather can you do it?) I have
been evaluating different volume rendering stuff recently and may even be
able to spend some time modifying existing classes soon. Hence my interest
in the shearwarp stuff.

RawImage->MipPriorityFilter(picks top N
points)->Generatepointlist->SplatPoints in low->high priority order.

Can it be done? (drawing points low to high gives decent mip, but there's no
"fill-in" between points. using a splat type approach might make it look
better).

JB