[vtkusers] no matching function for call to vtkPolyData::GetNumberofPoints()

Vetria Byrd byrdv at cis.uab.edu
Tue Jan 27 12:12:36 EST 2004

I have written a simple program (Reader.cxx) to read in PolyData from a file and
print the number of points found in the data file.  I have included
vtkPolyData.h and vtkPolyDataReader.h but I am getting the following error
message:

Building object file Reader.o...
Reader/Reader.cxx: In function `int main(...)':
Reader/Reader.cxx:26: no matching function for call to
`vtkPolyData::GetNumberofPoints ()'
make[1]: *** [Reader.o] Error 1
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

I don't understand what the problem is . . .
Here's the code:

#include "vtkPolyData.h"
#include "vtkPolyDataReader.h"

void main ()
{

// read data from file
  vtkPolyDataReader *PolyDataReader = vtkPolyDataReader::New();
  vtkPolyData *PolyData;

  PolyDataReader->SetFileName("Data/honolulu.vtk");
  PolyDataReader->Update();
  PolyData = PolyDataReader->GetOutput();
  printf("\n pts read: %d\n",PolyData->GetNumberofPoints() );

  //
  // Free up any objects created
  //
  PolyData->Delete();