[vtkusers] vtkimageplanewidget and vtkactor in huge datasets - part 2

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Jan 26 11:01:00 EST 2004

Oliver Weinheimer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i tested my application on a win xp system and everything works fine - so
> it's maybe a problem with win nt?
>
> regards
> oliwe
>
> ---------------
>
> Hi all,
>
> i'm woking with the vtkimageplanewidget with vtk 4.2.1 and BCB 6.0 and Win
> Nt 4.0.
> the visualization with vtkimageplanewidget works fine. I'm using the
> TvtkBorlandRenderWindow.
> I created 3 planes like this one:
>
> planeWidgetZ = vtkImagePlaneWidget::New();
>
> planeWidgetZ->SetInteractor(vtkWindow1->GetRenderWindow()->GetInteractor());
>     planeWidgetZ->DisplayTextOn();
>     planeWidgetZ->SetLookupTable(bwLut);
>     planeWidgetZ->SetInput(importer->GetOutput());
>     planeWidgetZ->SetPlaneOrientationToYAxes();
>     planeWidgetZ->SetSliceIndex(2);
>     planeWidgetZ->GetPlaneProperty()->SetColor(0,1,0);
>     planeWidgetZ->SetKeyPressActivationValue('x');
>     planeWidgetZ->RestrictPlaneToVolumeOn();
>     planeWidgetZ->On();
>
> after this, i added an actor to the the same renderer
>
>   vtkRenderer *aRenderer = vtkWindow1->GetRenderer();
>   aRenderer->AddActor(actor1);
>
> everything works fine in a dataset of 512x512x12 voxels - but the mouse
> interaction (left mouse button and middle mouse button)
> crashs my application if i do the same things in a huge dataset (512x512x129
> voxel) ...

Olivier

	Can you reproduce the bug with the headsq dataset (VTKData/Data/headsq)

VTK_DATA_ROOT = vtkGetDataRoot()

# Start by loading some data.
v16 = vtk.vtkVolume16Reader()
v16.SetDataDimensions(64, 64)
v16.SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian()
v16.SetFilePrefix(VTK_DATA_ROOT + "/Data/headsq/quarter")
v16.SetImageRange(1, 93)
v16.SetDataSpacing(3.2, 3.2, 1.5)
v16.Update()

Thanks