[vtkusers] Zooming etc

John Platt jcplatt at lineone.net
Fri Jan 23 18:28:36 EST 2004

Hi Jim,

To address your first problem I wrote a rectangular selection widget
(hacked vtkPlaneWidget) to give visual feedback on the selection, then
moved the camera to the centre of the rectangle and zoomed in by
changing the parallel scale (parallel projection only).

Malcolm Drummond posted a class vtkAxes2D which displays axes in the
overlay plane. It's relatively simple to add axes labels. I also made a
minor change to ensure the length of each axis remained constant as the
set rotated.

Hope this is some encouragement.