[vtkusers] Out of source builds HELP !!! HELP !!! HELP !!!

Yi-Yu Chou chouyiyu at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 14:41:11 EST 2004

Dear all,

I finally build my own vtk classes. Thanks for those who replied to my
The way I did is :
I saved my files vtkLocalExample.h and vtkLocalExample.cxx under
/VTK/Filtering
Edit CMakeLists.txt
Add one line : vtkLocalExample.cxx to this file below
vtkImageToImageFilter.cxx
Goto VTK/
run make
Then I got libvtkLocalPython.so in /VTK/bin

But I have one more problem. Hope you can still give me some suggestions.
I want to build this class in a "out-of-source" way.
How should I do that ?
How to change the options when running ccmake . ?
Or I have to fix the CMakeLists.txt ?
Please help me !!!