[vtkusers] VTK nightly build issue

Joshua A Foster jafoster at uncc.edu
Wed Jan 21 11:28:52 EST 2004

I downloaded the nightly version January 20 via CVS and got the latest
CMake binaries for Linux (1.8.3).  When I run ccmake, I get the
following error:

CMake Error: An attempt was made to access a variable:
CMAKE_WORDS_BIGENDIAN that has not been defined. Some variables were
always defined by CMake in versions prior to 1.6. To fix this you might
need to set the cache value of CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.4 or
less. If you are writing a CMakeList file, (or have already set
CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATABILITY to 1.4 or less) then you probably need to
include a CMake module to test for the feature this variable defines.

I get this error twice with CMAKE_WORDS_BIGENDIAN and a third time with
CMAKE_SIZEOF_INT.  Setting the compatibility to 1.4 as suggested
doesn't work; I get the same errors.  Can anybody help?

Thanks,
  Josh