[vtkusers] ray tracing hardware and benchmarks

Dr. Daniel James White PhD dan at chalkie.org.uk
Wed Jan 21 07:15:06 EST 2004

Hi,

We just got a volumepro1000 board for hardware accelerated volume
rendering on linux, and its working.
Much faster volem rendering than the vtk software ray cast mapper, and
vtk 2d texture mapping.

It is expensive though.

I am also interested in volume rendering bottle necks in VTK so any
problems you uncover would be interesting for me also!

I'm using single Athalon1.5, 1Gb Ram, ATIRadeon8500, volmepro1000
512MB. With redhat linux8.0

cheers

Dan

Message: 5