[vtkusers] Re: VTK on Mac OS X

Gordon Kindlmann gk at cs.utah.edu
Sat Jan 17 19:43:49 EST 2004

hi,

> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:10:23 -0800
> Subject: Re: [vtkusers] VTK on Mac OS X
> From: Antoine ROSSET <rossetantoine at bluewin.ch>
>
>> hi,
>>
>> There remain some unanswered questions about using VTK with Tcl
>> bindings on the Mac, so I'm going to ask again, as briefly as
>> possible,
>> with the hope that someone can contribute their knowledge. ...
>>

> I'm using VTK with TCL and/or C++ libraries in an Cocoa Project
> (X-Code) on
> MacOS X.3. To compile I followed this very good article:
>
> http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/06/28/
> data_visualization.html

Really?  You are running VTK/Tcl/Tk programs (*not* compiled, just
interpreting a .tcl file), and you are able to properly interact with
the windows?  Exactly what program are you invoking to run the VTK .tcl
file?

I'm aware of the tutorial to which you refer.  When I tried following
it, I encountered numerous compilation problems.  If you look at the
messages that people have posted in response to this article:

<http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a//mac/2002/06/28/
data_visualization.html?page=last#thread>

you will see those various problems documented.  Specifically, there is
the issue of the "vtk" binary NOT being a proper macintosh application.

How did you address this problem?

Gordon