[vtkusers] procrustes alignment with similarity option

Sebastian Ordas sebordas at unizar.es
Sat Jan 17 14:07:08 EST 2004

Hi,
My question is on the vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter. Say I have to similar
sets of
vtkPolydatas which come from a triangulation on the same object, but with
different number of landmarks (different decimation) When I perform the
alignment on each set of meshes between themselves, I get two scaled
versions of a "same" mean (GetMeanPoints()). The some doesn't happend when
aligning as a Rigid Body (without isotropic scaling). Is it correct to
expect retrieving means of the same size? Is there a direct way to know this
scale difference?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian