[vtkusers] finding geodesic distance between points on a surface

ajit rajwade ajit_v_r at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 12:10:33 EST 2004

Hello,

I have an array of 'N' three-dimensional points lying
on a surface. I want to compute the geodesic distance
between every pair of points lying on this surface,
preferrably using the Fast Marching Method on
Triangulated Domains. I have read the papers that
describe this method, but I have not understood those
methods well enough to implement them from scratch
myself. Is there a way to find the geodesic distance
between points on a surface using VTK? Could anyone
provide me some code for doing this, using VTK
classes?

Thanks,
===Ajit