[vtkusers] Data Streaming from XMLDataReaders

Robert Stein rjstein at iu.edu
Fri Jan 16 08:57:06 EST 2004

Hello,

    I was hoping someone could provide me some quick pointers on using the
streaming features of the vtkXML*DataReaders...  I see in the docs that all
the classes say that they support streaming... but I'm not sure how this
would work with some generic vtk pipeline.  I've read the papers about out
of core isosurfacing, and streaming data for parallel vis... but I can't
quite map these into the current state of the software...
    Can someone give me the 10,000 ft view of how to feed say a
vtkContourFilter via a data reader that is streaming it's data a piece at a
time from some _very_ large data on disk?

Thanks a lot,

Rob

Robert Stein
Senior Technical Lead