[vtkusers] Tissue damage rendering.. Once Again

Kevin Wright Kevin.Wright at ansys.com
Thu Jan 15 14:46:06 EST 2004

> Is there ANY way at all in VTK to see my damage growing as the filter
> marks more cells in the unstructured grid as damaged??

This isn't really the way the pipeline is supposed to work, and I don't know anything about the algorithm you're implementing in your filter, but if what you have is in some sort of loop, where the damage propegates more and more after each loop of the calculation, you could try only doing one trip through the loop every time update is called, and always make sure the filter registers itself as in need of an update.  If it were set up that way, every time you update the render window, you should get the next step in the damage calculation.

Does that make any sense in your case?

Kevin.