[vtkusers] Question for using VTK in Linux

H. Vidal, Jr. hvidal at tesseract-tech.com
Wed Jan 14 00:45:35 EST 2004

Every time I have installed vtk from sources on Linux (redhat dists only)
I have ended up with a 'vtk' program somewhere on my path that I could run
like a 'wishx' for tcl/tk.

So, after installing successfully (make sure that part is 'right' by as
far as that's evident..), just enter:

vtk

And you should get a prompt. BTW, this is assuming (at least as far as my
experience is concerned) that you build bindings for tcl/tk (this is
enabled in cmake step).

So assuming that vtk is on your path, you could enter:

which vtk

and you should be told where you vtk binary is.

Hopefully, this bit of clue will be helpful..

cheers,
h.vidal, jr.