[vtkusers] Update the render window

Zhizhong Zhang yalang at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 15:27:09 EST 2004

you need to send out a message to the right window and tell it to update the window. Your assertion that only WM_TIMER is handled is incorrect. In fact, all the messages in the switch block are handled, the same way(that's why the right window is updated when you click in it). You can look up SendMessage to  figure out how to send a message.

Zhu Yong <yong_zhy at hotmail.com> wrote:I use Visual C++ created an application with a splitted window. Left window
contains some buttons and text box. What I expect is that:
when I give some value in the text boxes and click the button, the right
render window will be updated. But now the right window won't be update
unless I click on it. The only message handled by the right render window is
WM_TIMER
Here is the code from the WindowProc function:
// TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class
switch(message)
{
//case WM_PAINT:
case WM_LBUTTONDOWN:
case WM_LBUTTONUP:
case WM_MBUTTONDOWN:
case WM_MBUTTONUP:
case WM_RBUTTONDOWN:
case WM_RBUTTONUP:
case WM_MOUSEMOVE:
case WM_CHAR:
case WM_TIMER:
if (this->iren->GetInitialized())
{
return vtkHandleMessage2(this->m_hWnd, message, wParam, lParam,
this->iren);
}
break;
}

return CView::WindowProc(message, wParam, lParam);

Anyone can help me to figure out the problem?

Thanks
grds
Zhu Yong