[vtkusers] vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter problem

Sebastian Ordas sebordas at unizar.es
Thu Jan 8 21:08:43 EST 2004

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for the explanation. Let me further specify my problem:
Polydata members of each of my two groups have both, same number of
landmarks
and strict correspondence (i.e. between themselves). That's why I do not
need to use ICP. I want to align each
of these 2 groups separately using procrustes with similarity in order to
perform PCA (on each group) and do some comparisons.
My problem is that the normalization taking place within the algorithm,
depends on the number of landmarks (which is natural),
so I get two mean shapes of different size. Then, I was wondering if
something could be done in order to retrieve two mean
shapes (one for each group) with the same size.

Thanks again,
Sebastian

I do have the same number of landmarks in each