[vtkusers] Exporting render window to vectorial format

Carlos Martinez cmarbur at iti.upv.es
Thu Jan 8 05:20:37 EST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>     CM> Hi all.  I need to export render window contents to a
>     CM> vectorial format to print them on printers or plotters.
>
>     CM> I have read that on nightly version there is a class named
>     CM> vtkGL2PSExporter to export the contents to Postscript. Is
>     CM> there another solution to this problem? Have somebody tried
>     CM> this?
>
> Yes, if you are using the nightlies, turn on VTK_USE_GL2PS on and the
> class will be built.  Read the class docs for more details.  The class
> does not yet handle image actors though.
>
> cheers,
> prabhu

OK, I'll try it. But I have a problem now. I have tried to download the
nightly sources but they are missing on nightly directory. Is it because
now we must use the CVS version?

Do you know another solution to the vectorial export problem?

Thanks again.

Carlos Martínez Burgos      |     Instituto Tecnológico de Informática
Ingeniero Informático       |      Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Tlf: +34 963877237          |                        Camí de Vera, S/N
cmarbur at iti.upv.es          |                   46071 Valencia - Spain
www.iti.upv.es/~cmarbur     |                           www.iti.upv.es