[vtkusers] Rendering a binary image

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Wed Jan 7 11:04:19 EST 2004

Derin,

I think you could avoid surfacing your data and render it directly using
any of the Volume Mappers. The idea would be to invert the opacity ramp so
black points would be opaque and white points transparent, then adjust the
TransferFunction to color the black points to some color that would
contrast against the background. I think this will work better if your
points are scattered and not connected in any way. For examples of volume
rendering see VTK/Examples/VolumeRendering/TCL or /Python.

...john

derin babacan <derinbabacan at yahoo.com>
Sent by: vtkusers-admin at vtk.org
01/07/2004 07:25 AM