[vtkusers] Problem in .exe

Anand Viswanathan anand at cs.jhu.edu
Mon Jan 5 08:30:19 EST 2004

Hi there,

Since you're using windows/visual c++,
there's a nifty program in Tools section of your visual studio called
Depends, which is similar to ldd on linux. Look for this program via the
start menu.

The Depends program will list the dependancies and give you access to the
names of the files and the paths of which the dll/exe is dependant on.

What the problem seems to be is that you have your "old" dlls in your path
environment and this is conflicting with your new dlls. Just fix your path
so that the new dlls are found but not the old dlls. Hope this helps.

-anand

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a
miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
					- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)