[vtkusers] Can't get QVTKRenderWidget.py running on the Mac

Jon H Kaspersen Jon.H.Kaspersen at sintef.no
Mon Dec 13 11:34:18 EST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to use PyQt along with VTK, but I can't get
QVTKRenderWidget.py to run.

I am seeing the following error message when trying to run
QVTKRenderWidget.py :
[jhkG4-PB:~/cvs/VTKbin/bin] jonk% /usr/local/bin/python
../../VTK/Wrapping/Python/QVTKRenderWidget.py
Qt: QApplication: Warning argv[0] == 'QVTKRenderWidget' is relative.
In order to dispatch events correctly Mac OS X may require applications
to be run with the *full* path to the executable.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "../../VTK/Wrapping/Python/QVTKRenderWidget.py", line 7, in ?
     QVTKRenderWidgetConeExample()
   File
"/Users/jonk/cvs/VTK/Wrapping/Python/vtk/qt/QVTKRenderWidget.py", line
448, in QVTKRenderWidgetConeExample
     widget = QVTKRenderWidget()
   File
"/Users/jonk/cvs/VTK/Wrapping/Python/vtk/qt/QVTKRenderWidget.py", line
106, in __init__
     apply(QWidget.__init__, (self,parent,name) + args, kw)
TypeError: keyword arguments are not supported

Any suggestions ?

Regards
Jon
Jon Harald Kaspersen                        Mob:	   +47 93 03 65 90
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
Senior Scientist
SINTEF Helse
N-7465 Trondheim