[vtkusers] vtkVideoSource

Simon Drouin sdrouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Dec 8 10:57:14 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm using vtkVideoSource in a program.  I 'm watching the "Modified"
event. When it is trigered, I call Update. The windows that display
video are all watching the "Modified" event of the vtkVideoSource output
(vtkImageData) so that when Update is called, they should be notified
and get the chance to render.

My problem is that the Update function of vtkVideoSource eventually
sends a Modified event too and since my function that watches the
"Modified" event calls Update, I end up with and infinite loop.

I would like to add an event that is more specific that "Modified" and
that is triggered when something in the framebuffer has changed. This
event should be called when a new frame is grabbed, when the framebuffer
index is changed and when the framebuffer is updated.

So here's my questions:

How should I add this event? Should I use an already existing event type
(which one?) or create a new one?

How do I submit my code?

btw, I just finished coding vtkV4L2VideoSource (Video for Linux 2 video
source). I will eventually like to submit that too.

Also, am I the only vtkVideoSource user that feels the video source and
the frame buffer its using should be in 2 different classes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Simon Drouin