[vtkusers] How can I get flashing effects of an actor

Sean McInerney seanm at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 19 16:56:27 EDT 2004

Hi Patrick,

  You could do something akin to Jeff's suggestion, but I think only his
second idea will produce the desired effect. Otherwise, why not just use
a bounding box outline like default picking does in VTK? You could even
set a timer to make it disappear after a certain length of time or when
you resume interaction with your scene via an Observer of the Renderer's
StartEvent.

-Sean