[vtkusers] Re: curved surfaces - NURBS

Tuhin Sinha tk.sinha at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Aug 17 18:37:46 EDT 2004

Hey all,

  I implemented the vtkNURBSSurfaceSource class under Linux and managed
to get things working.  I sent off a copy of the class to Kitware for
review, but I never heard from them regarding its incorporation in the
the mainline tree.  In the meantime, I found that the class doesn't
compile under Windows due to a lacking support for GLU 1.3.  So we have
a flag in our vtkMy tree that selectively compiles vtkNURBSSurfaceSource
under Linux only.  I have thought about extracting the relevant GLU code
from the XFree/Mesa tree and putting it in as a Utilities library so the
class can be used cross-platform.  I am currently happy with my
*supercool* class working only under Linux.  Hoever, if there is
interest in this class for general purpose use... I can look into
figuring out how to get the GLU stuff included with cross-platform
issues in mind.

Best regards,

TKS