[vtkusers] how to get pixel coordinates of iso-surface

Sean McInerney seanm at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 10 07:14:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

  The vtkVolumeRayCastIsosurfaceFunction in conjunction with a
RayCastMapper does *NOT* generate triangles (as far as I know). It is a
form of volume rendering that terminates ray traversal upon encountering
the specified isovalue (800). By subclassing, you *may* be able to
access the ray caster data in order to determine the terminal
coordinate. Generating a PolyData isosurface via vtkContourFilter (or
others), however, should give you what you need (with a lot less effort).

-Sean