[vtkusers] Contribution on PLOT3DReader

Mathieu Malaterre mmalater at nycap.rr.com
Sat Aug 7 14:10:21 EDT 2004

Emmanuel Guillot wrote:
> Hello,
>     I have done some improvements to the vtkPLOT3DReader class and would
> like to contribute them. The improvements that I have made include the
> reading of the function file in addition to or instead of the Q file,
> the detection of the files properties (binary, formatted, multigrid,
> little/big endian...).
> I was constrained to modify some attributes from the class because of
> the properties that have been  created for each of the three files.
> (ascii xyz file with binary Q file now works).
> So the backward compatibility is not ensured.
> Nevertheless, I would like to contribute this class but I don't know
> where to proceed.

Emmanuel,

	Please register to our bugtracker:

http://www.vtk.org/Bug

	Then create a feature request. After the bug is entered, you can edit
it to add attachement. In your case, either attach a patch (cvs -z3 dif
-u), or if you don't know how to use cvs just attach the whole class.
Then assign the bug to me.

Thanks
Mathieu