[vtkusers] vtkTransformPolyDataFilter and Scalars

Frank Conradie frank at qfin.net
Sat Oct 11 19:14:14 EDT 2003

Hi there

In the vtk docs it says: "vtkTransformPolyDataFilter is a filter to
transform point coordinates and associated point and cell normals and
vectors. Other point and cell data is passed through the filter unchanged."

However, in my app, scalars that I set in a vtkPolyData's points are lost
after filtering through a vtkTransformPolyDataFilter:

         polydata = vtkPolyData()
         polydata.SetPoints(points)
         polydata.SetPolys(polys)
         polydata.GetPointData().SetScalars(scalars)

         transform_filter = vtkTransformPolyDataFilter()
         transform = self._CalcCoordSysTransform()
         transform_filter.SetTransform(transform)
         transform_filter.SetInput(polydata)

         # The following returns None
         scalars = transform_filter.GetOutput().GetPointData().GetScalars()

Can anybody tell me why this is happening?

Regards,
Frank Conradie